Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Best Week Ever!

So what more could a girl want in the week?! Let me start out by saying I love my life!!!!!!!!

Sunday had to have been one of the best days of my life if not THE best thus far. Cutting to the chase -I am engaged!! Yes that's right, after nearly eight years of being together Rajiv and I have decided to take the plunge. We've been getting bothered by everyone we know about when we're going to get married, when are we going to move in together, etc. etc. Well there you have it folks! And no -we have not set a date, but when we do, we will definitely alert the presses ;)

So how did he do it? Every girl some how always wants the details of the proposal. It was, in my opinion, the best proposal ever. Rajiv pulled a sneaky one on me saying he was going home for the long weekend to visit his parents. Since I wasn't going back home home to see my parents, I decided to spend it with my cousins and their cute boys Nicholas and Kyle. After tucking little Nicholas into bed on Sunday night, I headed over to Rajiv's place since he surprised me by telling me he got back to his place early and had the day off for the MLK holiday Monday. I pulled into the parking lot and went to open the door, but for some reason it was locked, AND he didn't greet me at the door. AND he wasn't on his computer. I thought that was so strange since he always opened the door for me when I came by and is always on the computer or on the couch watching tv and it was on! I figured he must have been showering/on the crapper...so as I open the door, I yelled out "Hiii!" and there it was...a cute little French Bulldog puppy running out from Rajiv's bedroom. I shreiked! "OMG you got a puppy!!!!!!!!" Then comes Rajiv...he looks at me, and tells me that Bruno's the start of our future together, and he gets down on one knee and I just lose my shit! I start bawling and he starts professing his love (I'll spare the details since I'm sure Rajiv is shy about this mushy gushy stuff). I'm just in total utter shock at this point with tears rolling down my face, and then he pulls it out...the most beautiful ring I've ever seen! Then I gasp and say OMG OMG over and over and continue to cry...Of course I said yes gave him a kiss, and looked at the puppy and melted all over again!



Then comes Tuesday...a day I never really thought would come. We officially have a new President of the United States of America...President Barack Obama. How freakin' amazing? Who thought this day would come, that a African American man raised by his mother and grandparents -a non traditional family -would become the leader of the most amazing country in the world? I'm awestruck by the history behind this day. I can now look into my kids' eyes in the future and tell them truly that they can be anything they want to be, regardless of their race, their religion, their beliefs.

There's a lot of work to be done in this country. It may not be accomplished in 4 years. I understand the severity of the economy -I face it everyday when I look into the eyes of these small business owners and hear the stories of how a 30 year company can falter so easily or how a company loses their line of credit with no notice from lenders and are now forced to close their business because they cannot operate. It's terrible. But on Tuesday, I had hope that things could turn around. I have hope that a new President will bring a new perspective to the country, the world. Maybe this is what we all needed -is just to have some faith and some hope that goodness will prevail.



Then Wednesday, I just have to say one thing about Wednesday: LOST



Then comes the Lunar New Year celebration all weekend long-or Tet as us crazy Vietnamese people like to refer to it :) It's going to be so much fun -as it is every year!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0