Friday, April 24, 2009

Wedding Coordinator

Oh the trials and tribulations of putting on a wedding. So over the weekend I find that my guest list has grown to about 400. Yes, that's right 400. I don't even know 400 people in my life. Facebook says I'm only friends with about 350, myspace about 150 -most of those people I haven't seen in ages! So where, you ask, do I garner up 400 on my list? You can go ahead and thank my crazy parents. Yes mine. My future in-laws are great! They're only inviting about 100.

My mom and dad have this crazy thought in their head that since I'm the only girl -no correct that -only CHILD...they feel the need to invite everyone who has invited them to a wedding in our lifetime. They say that people have been waiting for the day I get married and it would be an insult for it not to be a large celebration! (insert eyes rolling and large sigh here). They're so very traditional, and I'd hate to break their hearts and tell them no -but my compromise with them is that it's going to cap at 400...none of this 500-600 craze. A woman can only handle so much.

So since this late breaking news, Rajiv and I have decided to look into a wedding coordinator. Not one to help through the whole process, just someone for the day. They call them "Day of Coordinators" Who knew?! I figured, I'm a well organized, meticulous person -I can handle the details, I can handle the budgeting -I am capable of taking on this wedding planning without a skip (of course the stress can't be avoided, but I work best under pressure). But I really wanted someone to help on the day of. I don't want to be pulled to the side one vendor after another at my own wedding, and I sure as heck don't want my parents, bridal party or any family member to have to worry about that. I want things to go seamlessly and to go on time. We're really excited about the thought of having someone other than ourselves control the day (I'm working on relinquishing control these days).

We've met with one coordinator, whom we really like so far. She was sweet, loveable, organized, and suprisingly affordable. We'll keep everyone posted on who this person will be once we make a final decision, but we're excited! I hope you all are geared up for the party of the year!

2 comments:

Petrea Burchard said...

Hey! I didn't know you were blogging!

Your parents are paying for this, of course?

My parents didn't pay for mine. We had 50 people and held the wedding in our back yard. It was looooovely!

John Sandel said...

Your future called. It sounded rosy.

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0