Tuesday, October 27, 2009

House Hunting


I wish shopping for a house was more like shopping for shoes. Get to the store, browse around, try on a pair that catches your eye, compare them side by side, and choose the best fitting and most adorable looking one! Pshh. Only if. Buying a home is not a purchase, it's a process. No wonder they call it "house hunting." No one shops for a house...they hunt, the prowl and then they get devoured by their mortgage. I guess we're just going to tough this process out, carbo load (oh wait, I can't because I need to fit perfectly into a dress in approximately 5 months and 2 weeks), and be patient.

Rajiv and I are looking for a home in Fullerton, CA. We want something around 1500 square feet, nice kitchen, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a modest backyard with space to entertain our friends and our Bruno. We want it to be in the better parts of the school district -Woodcrest Elementary/Sunny Hills High.

I thought we found the house a week ago...so adorable. I've driven by it twice. I pictured us pulling up into the driveway after work, putting our shoes in the closet, playing with Bruno in the back yard, walking him around in the cute neighborhood. BUT, my dreams came crashing down since there are WAY too many offers. **sigh** Patience is a virtue right?? I'll keep you posted!

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com - background image by elmer.0